View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Corn Snake Morphs & Genetics 

Post Corn Snake Morphs & Genetics
Does anyone know much about morph genetics for corns? Here are what I have the ability to get, but I don't know what pairings will make morphs.

1.1 Hypomelanistic
0.1 Blizzard
0.1 Candy corn
0.1 Anerythristic motley
0.1 Snow
1.0 Starburst
1.0 Regular
0.1 Ghost corn

Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:52 am

Post Re: Corn Snake Morphs & Genetics
Well, a regular probably won't make you any morphs. ;) I have never heard of a Starburst. So....I looked it up. It's basically a coral snow. I think they used to call that a bubblegum, too. lol

Anyway, breakdown:
Hypomelanistic - reduced black pigment resulting in a "smooth" pattern.
Blizzard - albino crossed with charcoal - results in an all white snake.
Candy cane - Albino form of the Okeetee trait. Making the snake look something like a candy cane due to increased amounts of white and red.
Anery motley - Pretty self explanatory.
Snow - Albino crossed with anery
Starburst - covered up there...but, a coral snow.
Ghost - a hypo anery.

What kind of morphs do you want?

"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country, than the coward who deserts her in the hour of danger."
-Andrew Jackson

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 am

If you aren't very familiar with the morphs and what they look like, check out Don Soderberg's site - South Mountain Reptiles, here:
http://www.cornsnakes.net/index.php3

He has a pricelist that will explain the morphs and have pictures for you. Also, he has a photo gallery that will show you other morphs that he doesn't currently have available for sale. I'd say my favourite cornsnake morph is the sunglow motley (which, I think is hypo albino motley):

"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country, than the coward who deserts her in the hour of danger."
-Andrew Jackson

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:19 am

Honestly, corns are just a side thing mostly to fund our rat production lol. So we don't have specific plans for them, we just know that we want to try to get some sort of morph lol. obviously we can get some from the 1.1 Hypomelanistic pair, but I don't know if any other pairing will result in anything beside hets

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:41 am

Hypomelanism in corns is co-dominant. So, you don't have to have a pair to make it work.

The best pair-ups in my opinion would be to get the starburst male, and breed it to the snow female (get more snows, and maybe some coral snows) and the candy cane female (get albinos het anery).

-Andrew Jackson

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah I definitely wanted the candy and starburst. Snow is good too. Is blizzard recessive? And I also don't know much about ghost...

So far this is what it's looking like unless someone wants to add any suggestions.

1.1 Hypomelanistic
0.1 Candy corn
0.1 Snow
1.0 Starburst

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:50 am

Oh. Sorry! You NEED the ghost, too, with this project. lol. With the snow being an albino anery, breeding it to a ghost would result in aneries and ghosts all het for albino. A good deal.

Blizzard, is an albino charcoal. If you bred a blizzard to a snow, you'd have albino snakes all het for charcoal and anery.

-Andrew Jackson

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Eh. You might as well get them all but the normal. The anery motley would be cool, too. Get anery motleys het albino from breeding it to the snow.

-Andrew Jackson

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Problemmmmm Travvvv. The only males are the Starburst, one of the hypomelanistic ones, and the regular...

rest are female.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:11 pm

That's what I was looking at...? Where's the problem?

-Andrew Jackson

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next